The transfer order contains all the information required to execute the physical transfer of materials into the warehouse, out of the warehouse or from one storage bin to another storage bin within the warehouse.
The ERP Mark 7 application enables users to create transfer orders for moving assets, inventory, and employees between company stockrooms/sites, warehouses and departments, respectively.
Transfer Order line items allow for the transfer of multiple assets on one transfer order. Assets and inventory in the Transfer Order line item can be transferred in either full or partial quantity. Transfer orders can be created using three scenarios: to transfer Assets, Stocks or Employees.
Create transfer orders through a Transfer Order Tab
- Create a transfer order by navigating to the Order Management app > Transfer Orders tab> New. Once on the Transfer Orders section, you can track the transfer orders already created and create new ones. You can move an order from Draft to Completed status.
- To create a new transfer order, click on the “New” button located on the top right corner of the Transfer Order page and choose the new transfer order record type
- Enter the From Site and To Site and the From Address and To Address.
- Enter the Delivery by date, Ship by date and Requested date.
- To activate the transfer order, select Active.
- Click the “Save” button to create a transfer order.
Fields to note:
|Transfer Order Name
||Describes the name of the transfer order.
||Site from where the assets/stocks will be shipped.
||Location from where the assets/stock will be shipped.
||Describes the date on which the transfer order was requested.
||Current status of the transfer order, such as Draft or Requested. Controls which actions can be performed against the transfer order.
||Describes the site to which the items will be shipped.
||Describes the location to which the items will be shipped.
|Delivery by date
||Describes the date by which the items are expected to be received.
||Describes the date by which the items will be shipped to another site.
The transfer order and each individual transfer order line item can have a separate status. The final status of the transfer order is based on the status of the individual transfer order lines. For instance, after all transfer order line items are changed to Completed, the transfer order is marked Completed.
|Transfer Order Status
||A transfer order in the “Draft” state can be edited to add or delete the transfer order line items.
||When the transfer order is approved by the working agent, it is marked “Approved.”
||Transfer orders in the “Requested” state are to be approved by the approval manager.
||When the transfer order is ready to be moved from one site/warehouse to another, it is in the “Initiated” state.
||After an item/asset is delivered to a working agent of a requested site/warehouse, the transfer order is marked “Completed.”
Creating Transfer Orders Line Items
Transfer order line items specify the exact products/machines included in a transfer order. A transfer order may contain more than one transfer order line item. Under a solitary transfer order, all transfer order line items will have the same “From” site and “To” site. Every line item contains an asset or product to transfer and the quantity to transfer.
The steps below explain how to create transfer order line items.
- After creating a transfer order, click on the related tab and find the transfer order line items section. Click the “New” button to create a new transfer order line item. After you create the transfer order line items, the transfer order and all the transfer order lines are in theDraft
- Every transfer order line item is identified by its name; enter the name of the transfer order line item.
- Enter an asset or a product to transfer.
- Enter the “From” site and the “To” site, the “From” location and the “To” location and the “From” storage and “To” storage information to move the transfer order.
- Enter the quantity and organisation details.
- Click the “Save” button to create a transfer order line item.
|TO Line Item Name
||Name used to identify the transfer order line item.
||Read-only field that describes the transfer order to which the transfer order line item belongs.
||Number of products requested by the transfer order line to be moved. For example, 12 chairs are requested to be transferred.
||Number of products already received. For example, six dining table sets are transferred, two are received.
||Describes the current status of the transfer order.
||Asset requested by the transfer order line item, for example, a specific manufacturing machine.
||Number of items that have yet to be received. For example, 30 chairs had been requested, 10 were received and 20 are remaining.
||Number of items that are to be returned.
Transfer Orders Through a Stock Receiving Tab
This scenario describes the putaway process by which transfer orders can be managed. The transfer order stocks received can be assigned to particular sites using the putaway option.
- Click on the Stock Receiving tab and from the drop-down select “Transfer Orders” as shown below.
- From the list of available transfer orders, select the transfer orders of interest and click on “Receive” at the top of the page, as shown below.
- Following the putaway process, creating stock inward line items and filling in the other details, such as name, quantity and warehouse, as well as saving the record, will transfer the stocks to the assigned warehouse.
Transfer Orders Through a Stock Dispatching Tab
This scenario describes the Pick Pack Ship process by which transfer orders can be managed. The transfer order stocks can be shipped/dispatched using the Pick Pack Ship process.
- Click on the Stock Dispatching tab and from the drop-down select “Transfer Orders” as shown below.
- From the list of available transfer orders, select the transfer order of interest. Click on “Pick” at the top of the page or below the Action button.
- Follow the Pick Pack Ship process to transfer the stocks from one site to another.