With operations that involve inventory for work-in-process and manufacturing, this functionality enables you to boost end-to-end traceability, productivity and control. In addition, you can access your product assembly inventory in ERP MARK 7 anytime, anywhere so your team can better coordinate production machine usage and labour.
The focus of MRP in ERP Mark 7 is to give the company sufficient information about the inventory on hand to fulfil the requirement. Complete visibility of inventory can be used in forecasting future inventory requirements. Also, using information from the Bill of Material, inventory and master schedules MRP can determine the total requirements of components required to produce the finished product and also estimate the time required to complete the production of the finished product.
ERP Mark 7 has essentially designed MRP to answer or provide basic information, such as: What is required? How much quantity is required? When is it required? Who should be the supplier? When will the item be delivered?
- Create an MRP for Various Order Types (Purchase Orders, Sales Orders, Work Orders):
- Navigate to the Manufacturing app > Select the order for which the MRP must be created; it could be either a Purchase, Sales or Work order.
- Once in the selected order section, select the order record to create the MRPs.
- In the related tab, find the MRP-related list and click the “New” button.
- Select the “MRP Manufacturing” record type and click the “Next” button.
- Enter the name of the MRP and Notes related to the MRP.
- Enter the Picked and Packed Quantity along with the respective dates.
- Enter the BOM Requirement and Actual Cost details.
- Enter the BOM Product and finished Product
- Select the Process and its Process Cycle. Select the Production cycle and Schedule
- Select the Supplier and enter the Required Amount of MRP.
- Select the MRP’s related order line items, such as the Sales order line item, Work order line item or Purchase order line item.
- Select the Work Station and Work Center required to execute the process.
- Click the “Save” button to create an MRP record.
Field to note:
|MRP Name||Describes the name of the MRP|
|Bill Of Material (Product)||Is the listing of all components required to produce one unit of a finished product|
|Required Amount||Determines the quantity of each component required to produce a certain number of finished products|
|Schedule||Anticipates production activities|
|Process||Describes the Process for which the MRP is created|
|Status||Describes the status of the MRP|
|Notes||Shows the important information about the MRP so the person working on it is on the same page|
|BOM Actual Cost||Is the cost of an individual component/BOM used to produce the finished product|
|BOM Requirement Cost||Is the overall cost of the BOMs associated to produce the finished product|
|Work Station||Is the place where the manufacturing of the finished product or the process cycle associated with the finished product is executed|
|Visit||Describes the maintenance visit by the technician|
|Picked Quantity||Is the number of components picked from the inventory|
|Packed Date||Is the date on which the components are picked from the inventory|
|Product||Is the finished product|
|Packed Quantity||Is the component that is ready for shipping|
|Packed Date||Is the date on which the components are packed|
|Supplier||Describes the name of the supplier/vendor|
|Sales Order Line Item||Gives the line item details of the sales order for which the MRP is created|
|Work Order Line Items||Gives the line item details of the work order for which the MRP is created|
|Purchase Line Items||Gives the line item details of the purchase order for which the MRP is created|
|Check Out Process||Is the method used to fetch the components from the inventory|
- Streamlines the manufacturing process using barcodes
- Increases flexibility for multiple product variations
- Improves inventory control during the manufacturing/process cycle
- Saves time and increases manufacturing productivity.
Increase Manufacturing Productivity
Create predictability, better coordinate manufacturing machine usage and labour, and track raw materials and components needed to manufacture each product accordingly.
Easily Assemble Your Inventory
The Inventory Assembly feature allows you to efficiently track product manufacturing and associated stock quantities and costs.