- Navigate to setup and find “Custom Settings” in the quick find box.
- Find “Module” custom setting and click the “Manage” button.
- Click the ‘New’ button and create a record by name “Finance”, make sure the Run checkbox is selected, this controls the Activation/Deactivation of Finance Module.
Fiscal Year Setup
- Navigate to setup and find “Fiscal Year” in the quick find box.
- Select “standard Fiscal Year”
- Select the fiscal year start month and select whether the fiscal year is based on the starting month or the ending month.
- Click the “Save” button and confirm the changes.
Finance General Ledger
Finance general ledger is used to track all the financial transactions and it the primary accounting record for a business. The finance general ledgers holds the accounting information that is needed to prepare company’s financial statements, including the Balance sheet and the Income statement and includes accounts for assets, liabilities, owner’s equity, expense and revenue.
- Navigate to the Finance Management app >Finance General Ledger Tab.
- Enter the Name of the general ledger.
- Select the Organisation and click the “Save” button to create a general ledger record.
Chart of Accounts
Chart of Account is a unique record of each type of asset, liability, equity, income/revenue and expense. A very important reason to have COA in the system is to let the users quickly get a glance of a company’s financial health and segregate assets, revenue, liabilities and expenses. It provides the complete listing of each account in the accounting system and ERP Mark7 has the flexibility to tailor the company’s COA that best suit its business process. It is available for recording transactions in the finance general ledgers.
- Navigate to the Finance Management app >Chart of Accounts Tab.
- Click the “New” and select the Record Type of the chart of account, click the “Next” button.
- Enter the name of the chart of account and select the active checkbox.
- Select the general ledger and organisation from the lookup.
- Click the “Save” button to create the chart of account record.
The following basic chart of accounts should be created in the system.
|Chart of Account Name||Record Type|
|Cost of Goods Sold||Expense|
|Sales Tax Payable||Liabilities|
|Goods Received Not Invoiced||Liabilities|
To start a New Business Process, Create a “Stock holders Equity” or “Owners’ Equity” COA with opening balance as per the requirement.
Chart of Account Mapping
Chart of accounts mapping allows processing of balance and supports the ability to correlate a source chart of account to traget chart of accounts. The posting functinality in ERP Mark7 enables the finance general ledgers to create a relavent finane general ledger entry with relavent chart of account information and transaction in it. To create the chart of account mapping follow the fillowing steps
- Navigate to the Finance Management app >COA Mapping Tab.
- Click the “New” and enter the name of the COA Mapping name.
- Select the Chart of Account from the lookup.
- Select Tax or Discount checkboxes if the COA Mapping created is for tax and discount purpose.
- Click the “Save” button to create the COA Mapping record.
Create the accounting period for the fiscal year, i.e., create the accounting period for all the months of the fiscal period for which the financial statements are prepared. It basically imitates the a basic twelve-month calendar.
- Navigate to the Finance Management app >Accounting Period Tab.
- Click the Accounting period button in All Accounting Period list view.
- Select the organisation for which the accounting period records are created.
- Enter the start date and end date of the fiscal period.
- Click the “Create” button to create the accounting perid records.